DETROIT – Technology is taking center stage at the North American International Auto Show and WDIV-Local 4/ClickOnDetroit is covering the show from all angles. Viewers will get a trip to the show floor with two specials -- “Dateline Detroit: All About Autos,” airing Wednesday at 7:30 p.m. and “Charity Preview” airing Friday at 7 p.m.
Local 4 News anchors Devin Scillian and Kimberly Gill host “Dateline Detroit: All About Autos,” from Cobo Center covering auto reveals, the latest breaking auto news and more.
“All About Autos” highlights:
· The significance of this marking the last of the January auto shows
· Autonomous vehicles and the moral ethics of artificial intelligence
· Will your compass also act as a moral compass?
· Driving in a “hangover” suit with Ford Motor Company -- and why it’s sometimes just as dangerous as driving drunk
“Charity Preview” takes viewers live to one the most exclusive and high-profile events in the nation.
Scillian and Gill host this one-hour special, along with Rhonda Walker, Evrod Cassimy, Ben Bailey, Jon Jordan and Kim DeGiulio. The special showcases concept cars of the future, the latest reveals and high-fashion glamour at this black-tie affair, benefiting a wide range of children’s charities. Local 4 talks one-on-one to the local and international auto industry leaders who make this world-class event happen.
The Official App of the North American International Auto Show, powered by Local 4 and ClickOnDetroit, is the navigation link to it all. The NAIAS app is a must-have tool for car enthusiasts heading to the Auto Show. Users have the information they need right at their fingertips -- and it’s free to download on Apple or Android devices by searching “WDIV Auto Show” at the app stores.
The app provides:
· Map of the Auto Show floor at Cobo Center
· Livestream video of vehicle unveilings on your phone
· Official news updates from ClickOnDetroit and the NAIAS
· Information about the show, ticket sales and more
The Official NAIAS app is presented by the Detroit Auto Dealers Association, WDIV-TV Local 4 and ClickOnDetroit.com and is sponsored by Oakland University.