WSLS 10, the Graham Media Group, Inc. owned, NBC affiliate in Roanoke, VA is seeking an experienced multi-media journalist (MMJ) to join our award winning staff.
WSLS 10 News is expanding. We’re looking for an enterprise storyteller who thrives on reporting people driven stories on all platforms, from broadcast to digital.
This position will operate out of our soon to open Lynchburg bureau which is located in central Virginia. Lynchburg is home to Liberty University as well as several other small colleges.
- Work closely with News management and producers to cover pre-planned and breaking news events.
- Shoot, write, and edit news stories.
- Produce content for our television, web, and social media platforms
- Multi-task on tight deadlines and do active live shots.
- Shoot, write, and edit stories for same day air
- Work closely with producers from a remote location
- Report live for various newscasts as determined by news management
- Create content for digital platforms, including wsls.com
- Candidate should have a minimum of one year of television news experience
- A college degree in broadcast journalism, communication, or other related area is preferred
To apply please send links of your work, resume, and references to:
Rick Moll, WSLS 10 News Director: firstname.lastname@example.org
No Phone Calls Please
We offer a competitive compensation and benefits package to successful candidates.
WSLS 10 is an Equal Opportunity Employer. In addition to complying with the requirements of federal law, WSLS 10 will comply with applicable state and local laws prohibiting employment discrimination.
Any offer of employment is conditional upon the successful completion of a pre-employment drug screening, investigative background check, employment/education verification, and reference checks. You must hold a valid driver’s license and be insurable under VA laws.