Position Title: Graphic Design Coordinator – WSLS 10 Digital Media
Reports to: Creative Services Director
General Position Description: If you have a stellar reel, are versatile in style and design, and create cutting edge graphics, we want to hear from you! Work in the beautiful Blue Ridge Mountains and with an award winning creative team. WSLS 10 is the NBC affiliate in Southwest Virginia and a Graham Media Group station with strong community ties. We have an exciting opportunity for a full-time Graphics Designer. The position will serve as a key member of the creative services team, focusing on creating compelling elements for promotion, news and sales. This position will also help manage the overall branding presentation, on-air and online.
- Conceptualize and create compelling still and animations for sales, promotions, news, print, digital and station events.
- Help CS team conceptualize and enhance station promotion
- Collaborate with news management and producers to create graphics that will enhance storytelling
- Work with Creative Services Director and Production Supervisor for creation of map and ticker templates
- Create day to day news graphics and maintain an advanced graphic look
- Implement and communicate new elements from the design hub
- Maintains close contact with the design hub and serves a station liaison
- Ability to meet tight deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- College degree in graphic design, kinetic imaging, marketing or communications preferred.
- Prior graphic design experience in broadcast strongly preferred
- Advanced proficiency in Adobe products and 3D creation software (3D Max, Cinema 4D or similar program) a plus.
- Must have strong design skills and the ability to generate a project from concept to completion
- Knowledgeable on Miranda/Vertigo playout a plus
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills required.
We offer a competitive compensation and benefits package to successful candidate.
Any offer of employment is conditional upon the successful completion of a background check and pre-employment drug screening.
To apply, please send resume and a link with examples of work via email to Heath Oldham firstname.lastname@example.org
WSLS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. In addition to complying with the requirements of federal law, WSLS will comply with applicable state and local laws prohibiting employment discrimination.